banner

banner
promo

Tuesday 9 September 2014

WHY I TORE BISHOP DAVID OYEDEPO'S BOOK-TUNDE BAKARE.


In a recent interview with reporters from The Punch newspapers, founder of Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare revealed why he had a fight with Bishop David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel and tore his book.
The former vice presidential candidate under the now defunct Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), revealed that he tore the popular bishop’s book because he said the anointing oil is a symbol of the Holy Spirit which he claims contradicts the word of God.

Read excerpts from the interview:

On his take on anointing oil
People like to create their own Tunde Bakare. I love God, I love people, I love the godly and the ungodly and I try within my God-given ability to teach the truth. The reason I fought with my friend, Bishop David Oyedepo, and tore his book, I remember when we resolved this problem in London, we came out of a plane, he took me aside and said he was angry with me because I tore his book. I said I didn’t tear your book, I tore my book.
That is fine, you wrote it, I bought it, so it was my book I tore. I saw errors in that book because he said the anointing oil is not a symbol of the Holy Spirit that it is the life of God in a bottle. How can you write that and I would let it pass.
No! If the anointing oil is the Holy Spirit, then Jesus is a lamb walking on four legs. These are metaphors and when you have the real, you leave the shadow. Besides it is for the sick in the New Testament. So, you can anoint the entire church if they are sick and I would wonder how a sick church can bring healing to a dying world.

No comments:

Post a Comment