After last night’s unfortunate attack on the platoon of Former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s son, Adeboye Obasanjo, by members of the deadly sect Boko Haram, OBJ has explained how the attack occurred.This is the first time the ex president, who is said to be out of the country for Asian tour, is reacting to yesterday’s sad news.His son, Lieutenant-Colonel Adeboye Obasanjo, was wounded when he and his troops engaged the sect in the northeastern state of Adamawa.
One associate of the former president told BBC Hausa service today, on September 9 that he got in touch with the ex president and Obasanjo told him he had already been aware of the incident.Keffi continued and explained that the younger Obasanjo was an engineer who led his troops last night to battle but after getting injured, it’s not fatal and he is getting better.
He also added that Obasanjo explained to him that Adeboye’s team had left Mubi on their way to Michika, when their squad came under fire.
OBJ confirmed through his aide that his son was shot, but is now in a stable condition. Another confirmation came from a presidential aide, Doyin Okupe: