banner

banner
promo

Wednesday 17 September 2014

JUST LIKE BONNIE AND CLYDE,MEET THE NIGERIAN VERSION OF THE NOTORIOUS PAIR.


Two alleged members of a robbery gang, a man and a woman, have been arrested by security operatives in Lagos.Ahmed Isiaka and Victoria Amodu reportedly belong to a group of 5 which has been terrorizing the Seme-Badagry- Mile 2 environs.27-year-old Victoria, who supposedly confessed to being married with kids, also admitted that she had been a prostitute before she joined the gang led by one Okanlawon.
She reportedly said:

“I was arrested last Wednesday at Dakar Hotel in Seme where I used to work as a prostitute.I abandoned my husband and three children and came to Lagos with the intention of living under the bridge until I found a place to lay my head. Fortunately for me, I didn’t have to sleep under the bridge as I met a lady in a commercial bus I boarded who had compassion on me when she saw me crying in the bus.She took me to the hotel where she was working as a prostitute and introduced me into the league of prostitutes.Weeks later, someone stole my N100,000 from my room in the hotel while I was asleep. While I was still lamenting the loss, the collector of our Esusu contribution disappeared with my N150,000.As I was still grieving over the loss, Okanlawon came to the hotel to see me. He told me to accompany him to a night club. Initially I declined but after much persuasion I followed him.It was when he and his gang members attacked the passengers that I knew what he was into. I told him I didn’t want to take part in their operations. But he threatened to deal with me, saying nobody would know my whereabouts if I didn’t co-operate with the gang".

Ahmed, the second suspect, said:
 “I was introduced to the gang by Okanlawon last November. Other members of the gang are Nuru, Victoria and Isiaka.We used to operate along Iyana-Iba-Badagry expressway. Usually, Victoria sits at the front while another member sits at the back. I take passengers from Iyana-Iba bus stop going to Badagry. Before we get to a lonely area between Agbara and Oko-Afo the other members of the gang in the back-up vehicle would signal me to stop.Immediately, I receive the signal, I would pretend like the vehicle was faulty then park and pretended to be fixing the vehicle. While this was going on, the other members would strike.We don’t use guns or juju to rob passengers, instead we use wheel spanner. We don’t even make them unconscious during operation. Usually we operate in the night. Sometimes we operate in broad daylight.The two suspects were arrested after one of their victims reported to the police sparking an investigation. The other members of the gang are still at large.

No comments:

Post a Comment