banner

banner
promo

Monday 25 August 2014

"MY NEXT HUSBAND WILL BE A JAPANESE",SO SAY PRINCESS THE COMEDIAN.


Popular comedienne Princess [real name Damilola Adekoya] has opened up on how her marriage ended in less than a month. She told Punch that the marriage was already over within a few days after the wedding but that she decided to keep a secret in order to avoid the shame. How sad!

You didn't say what was wrong with you that you had to be hospitalised?
But you already know. We thank the Lord. The most important thing is that I am alive and better. I appreciate life more. But this one you are asking, e no reach make I sick? After my husband left after our wedding, was it not enough reason for me to be sick? Ah! The Lord is our strength.


Were you shocked with the kind of publicity it generated?
I was shocked! People called me from all parts of the world including China. Some people cried while some people felt happy. Some guys said they were happy my marriage ended. Some said they were not happy that I even married the guy. Some said I looked older than him. Some said my marriage shouldn't have ended just like that. People talked and talked. But the only time you know your marriage is successful is when you live with your partner and God calls one of you home. Marriage of 30 years can still break up. It is a bad thing for a marriage to breakup. So you can imagine the unhappiness the parties involved would be going through. Nobody is happy when his/her marriage ends. Some people see me outside and ask, ‘your marriage has ended, how do you feel?’ I will answer them that I am jumping up or how else do they expect me to feel? Nonsense! A comedian once said that ‘complete’ and ‘finish’ appear to have the same meaning but they are not the same. If you marry the right person, you are complete but if you marry the wrong person, you are finished.

Were you in love with him in the first place?
I got married to somebody who I was in love with. At that time, he also said he loved me. Unfortunately, the marriage ended too soon.

Why did it end so soon?
It was due to irreconcilable differences. It is not a thing of joy. I don’t think we should celebrate sadness and bad news. We should be more sensitive. No marriage should end but paradventure it does, don't make a mockery of that person. You are not even mocking the person, you are mocking God.

Are you giving it another shot?
No! Me ke? Let us struggle first and make some money. In any case, I think I should marry a Chinese or an Indian. If many people agree that I should marry a Chinese, then I will go ahead. But a Japanese might be better. Japanese products are strong and reliable.

Is your ex-husband still your friend?
I don’t think you should call him my ‘ex-husband’ because we were together for less than one month. An ex- husband is somebody you marry and after three years or more, you separate. Anyway, I don’t know where he is. We have moved on.

Wasn’t the break-up your fault?
No. it wasn't my fault. I can’t really say it was his fault too. It was just irreconcilable differences. We met and we were in love and we quickly got married. Maybe we got married too quickly but I have seen people who got married a month after they met and the marriage lasted. Our own didn’t work out. There is no need to apportion blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment